Noel Jones proudly presented Ovarian Cancer Australia (OCA) with a cheque for $100,000 on Friday 20 November 2015. The donation was a culmination of monies raised from property sales, donation tins and staff events.
The partnership between Noel Jones and Ovarian Cancer Australia began after Noel Jones employee Miranda Bailey lost her mother Bev to the disease in February 2012. Miranda went on to became an ambassador after seeing the support her mother received from Ovarian Cancer Australia.
August 2013 saw the start of Noel Jones ongoing commitment to Ovarian Cancer Australia via a donation of $50 for every house sold. The first month resulted in a donation of $3,700 with a total of $48,650 raised in the first 12 months. To date the largest sum raised in one month was $6,215.
Ovarian Cancer Australia isn’t a recipient of government funding aside from occasional one-off project grants. Instead they rely on donations, community fundraising and corporate sponsorship such as the partnership with Noel Jones.
OCA provides support across Australia for women and their families, raises community awareness of ovarian cancer, advocates for improved services for women and promotes and funds high-impact research. Ovarian Cancer Australia is the only organisation in Australia which provides support and advocacy services for those affected by the disease.
Monies raised may provide the following:
- $30 will help keep 1300 660 334 a toll free line operated by dedicated support teams for those affected by ovarian cancer
- $50 will provide a newly diagnosed woman with a Resilience Kit, an essential guide for women living with ovarian cancer
- $75 will provide support and information via an online network community
- $100 will send a woman diagnosed with ovarian cancer to a free community information forum in her local area
- $250 will contribute to the Australian Ovarian Cancer Study undertaken by leaders in the field of ovarian cancer research
Noel Jones is proud of their long term partnership with OCA and are committed to supporting their amazing work with women and families across Australia. You can find out more about OCA via the Ovarian Cancer Australia website.
Image: Jane Hill, Ovarian Cancer Australia CEO and Adam Parrott, Noel Jones CEO