When you sell your home styling it for sale is big business these days. Removing all of your furniture and having a staging company move in their carefully curated furniture, homewares and artworks is quite commonplace. If you don’t wish to go to that expense and effort and you already have some beautiful furniture in your home, there is a unique service that is here to fill that gap. It is called a Styling Consultation. Some selected Noel Jones offices offer this as part of your listing with them and it is totally complimentary. This is a service that I offer under the banner of my business, Green Room Interiors. So what does this consultation look like and how can it benefit you?
- Here are some things that may be included in a styling consultation:
- If your agent feels a styling consultation would benefit you, they will send on your details to their design consultant to contact you and set up an appointment
- I’ll arrive for your 60 minute styling consultation ready to go.
- I take notes along the way so you don’t have to remember all I say and leave you with an info pack.
- It is in your best interests as the home owners to be there, as you will learn things along the way.
- I’ll concentrate mainly on the rooms that I know will be photographed and that need the most work to present in the best possible light. It is quite a hands on and practical session, so be prepared for me to fossick through your cupboards to find bits and pieces to use as display or change placement of furniture.
- I make suggestions on what to leave in, what to take out and what you may need to add in. I sometimes suggest inexpensive purchases such as cushions, throws, vases, homewares, plants etc. which will really add to your presentation.
- You may want to borrow items from friends and family, to save you having to buy things.
- Essentially it’s just tweaking what you already have, pointing out your home’s best features and really playing to its strengths.
Please be open to seeing your home through the potential buyers eyes, if I suggest something that may feel a bit odd, go with it. In some cases nanna’s old heirloom chair may not be entirely appropriate in the middle of the lounge amongst all your contemporary furnishings.
Written by Tania Bell from Green Room Interiors