Stage 4 Restrictions
This week, Melbourne’s real estate industry has again transformed itself, moving to a new mode of operation based on the guidelines defined as part of the COVID-19 Stage 4 restrictions.
This transition to these has been rapid, and there is potential that these parameters will evolve over time, however, here’s what things look like for the moment.
What you need to know about property sales in the Melbourne metro area:
- Auctions that are scheduled can still go ahead but they must be online only and held from the Auctioneer’s own private residence.
- If you are interested in a home that we are selling, you can view this by using the range of online tools available for each individual property. These may include property videos, 3D space tours, photographs and floorplans. As always, our sales agents will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, and to discuss the current range of options available. You can contact them via their mobile phone number, or the Get In Touch/Email Agent buttons, both of which will be shown on the listing.
- If you are looking to sell your property, our agents will be happy to outline the process with you, and to provide expert knowledge about the best strategies in the current market environment. They are also able to list your home and conduct all elements of a negotiation and sale, as long as these are managed by video/phone calls and other electronic means.
- If you have purchased a property with us, and it is due to settle in the period between now and the 13th of September, this can still go ahead. Related services including final cleaning by the vendor or a nominated party, final inspections by the purchaser, the collection of keys, and any other services directly related to the settlement of the property are permitted.
What you need to know about property rentals in the Melbourne metro area:
- If you are interested in a home that we are leasing, you can view this by using the range of online tools available for each individual property. These may include property videos, 3D space tours, photographs and floorplans. As always, our property managers will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the application process, or other related matters.
- If you are looking to enter a new lease on a listed property, and you are willing to sign the lease electronically, without a physical inspection, you may do so. The REIV have recommended that detailed records are maintained where such a contract is entered into.
- If you are looking to use our property management services to lease your property, our highly trained property managers will be happy to outline the process and other important details with you.
- If you have been approved to rent one of our properties, and the tenancy is due to commence in the period between now and the 13th of September, this can still go ahead. Related services including inspection and preparation of the condition report by the property manager may still be completed. The supply of keys and any other services directly related to the commencement of the lease will be communicated by your property manager prior to the start date.
- If you are due to conclude a lease on one of our rental properties in the period between now and the 13th September, this can still occur. Related services including final cleaning by yourself or a nominated party, the handing back of keys, final inspection by the property manager for the release of the bond, and any other services directly related to the completion of the lease are permitted, however these will be done in a contactless manner wherever it is practical to do so.
In the period up until and including the 13th of September, both landlords, vendors, purchasers and renters may move in and out of properties, with the assistance of a removalist company if necessary, as long as the guidelines in below are adhered to:
- During interactions with other parties, for example sales agents, property managers, cleaners and removalists, requirements such as face coverings, hand sanitiser, social distancing, curfew timings, and one person only guidelines must be observed at all times.
- Please remember that all directions are written with the objective of limiting the movement and physical interaction amongst people.
Whilst there have been a number of modifications to how we operate in the short term, there is one thing we can guarantee has not changed, and that is our promise to assist you in the way you’ve become accustomed to. Things might look different on the surface, but our commitment to excellence remains the same.